Just a few months ago I started up my free WordPress account and in that short amount of time I picked up on a few blogger essentials. If you’re just starting out, check out my list and you’ll be on your way to a successful blog in no time! Be sure to surround yourself with positive people and a good group of other bloggers to help lift you up during your inevitable slumps. I’m so happy to have found my go-to girls to run ideas by and give me encouragement through my blogging journey!
- Camera – Photos are a big part of blogging believe it or not. Bloggers are writers and photographers all in one! I am no expert being completely self-taught. My first DSLR that I’m still currently using is the Canon Rebel T5 with the 18-55mm lens. I just recently upgraded to the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 lens and so far I’m loving it!
- Laptop – While there is a lot that you can do on your iphone, I still prefer editing photos and writing my blogs on a laptop. Nothing fancy like a Macbook though.
- Website – One thing I wished I would’ve done from the very beginning was to buy my domain. I recently converted to WordPress.org and switched to Bluehost. For just $4.95/per month you can own your very own piece of the web. Setting up was really simple and I was up and running in less than an hour (after playing around). Sign up here with my referral link: Bluehost.
- Planner – Having a planner is extremely helpful for scheduling out posts and setting meetings with fellow bloggers and brands.
- Coffee Mug – Blogging usually happens after the kids have gone to bed or in the morning before work. I need all the coffee I can get and I would prefer a cute mug to keep me inspired! Check out this I’d Rather Be Blogging Mug on Amazon.
- Coffee – duh…to fill the mug.
- Pens – Since I started blogging, I have a new love and obsession with pens of all colors. Color coding in your planner helps keep you even more organized.
- Blogger Apparel – Bloggers unite with adorable graphic tees! You’re not a blogger until you’ve snapped a selfie of yourself in a blogger tee with your adorable coffee mug in hand. #Blogger tee
- Influencer Networks – If you’re interested in funding your website and making a little extra money, sign up for sponsorships through Linqia and Social Fabric. You can use my referral link (because you love me 😉 )
- Blogger Bag – I recently mentioned on IG how my Newlie Co diaper bag transformed seamlessly into a laptop bag. I’ve even put my camera in there. If you’re a mommy blogger make sure to check them out!
If you liked this post, check out how I started monetizing my site and earning extra cash for my family!
*This post contains affiliate links which means I may be compensated if purchases are made.