Happy 4th of July weekend! You may be one of the lucky ones that gets a four day weekend in celebration of the holiday…I am not. Lame I know. But the kids and I (while daddy worked all weekend in typical holiday fashion) made the best of it! During one of my many Pinterest scrolls I saw a couple of DIYs I wanted to try for this holiday. One was actually a flag backdrop that I had seen on Laughing Latte’s blog. She made an adorable backdrop out of fabric scraps that I was just blown away by. I, however, do not have fabric scraps, nor did I want to purchase any LOL. So my attempt is a little less crafty and super cheap. We also made up a few, quick confetti poppers! Super easy to do too! The kids swam both days (even Gabriel!), but other than that
I we decided to stay indoors and out of the humidity. I’ll be heading back to work tomorrow, then continuing the celebration with more pool time and BBQ fun on Tuesday! If you need some easy recipe inspiration check out these yummy Grab. Go. Wow. recipes! I made the Orange Lemonade Twist and it’s fantastic!
DIY American Flag Backdrop
2 plastic rectangular tablecloths (red & white)
1 star tablecloth
1. Cut the red and white tablecloths lengthwise in 2″ strips leaving about a 5-6″ space at the top.
2. Cut out a rectangular piece from the star tablecloth.
3. Tape your red and white tablecloths to your wall, staggering them to not overlap the colors.
4. Attach the star tablecloth piece to a piece of string. (I used hot glue to keep it in place)
5. Hang the star banner over the other two pieces.
toilet paper rolls
colored duck/washi tape
1.Tie off your balloon as you would normally without blowing it up.
2. Cut the top off.
3. Stretch the balloon opening around one end of the toilet paper roll.
4. Wrap the entire roll with duck tape or washi tape, securing the balloon to the roll.
5. Fill with confetti. (I purchased packs of confetti from Michaels.)
6. Place a piece of foil over the top to store until use.
Once you’re ready to use, remove the foil, pull on the balloon knot and release!
Me: Blue/red tank, round beach towel & tumbler is from Mom Life Must Haves. (Use code LITTLES to save 15%)
Isabella: Adorable dress is from Little Me, a super affordable baby/toddler brand available at Babies R Us, buybuy Baby, and major department stores. I loved the extra tulle skirt under the dress and so did she! Her super hero cape (a must-have according to her.) is from Little Adventures, dress up clothes for boys and girls!
Check out our favorite 4th of July summer dessert here!