You know those things you say before kids that you’ll never do when you are a parent….yea, about that. I always swore I wouldn’t make more than one meal at dinnertime. Most of the time that is true, except for tonight. #TacoTuesday got a little wild with cheese quesadillas (for the kids), beef quesadillas (husband), and a healthier taco recipe for me – cauliflower rice shrimp taco bowl!
Today was the first day of spring, although it didn’t feel like that. at. all. With the change in season, I love making meals with more fresh veggies and herbs. This dish was no exception. My taste buds were so happy with the fresh tomatoes, green onions, corn and avocado. Since the beginning of the new year I’ve been doing really well eating healthier and really portioning my meals. Instead of rice, I substituted with a bag of steamable Green Giant cauliflower rice. The texture was extremely similar and really paired well with the rest of the veggies and shrimp. Next time I will probably try this Avocado Cilantro Lime dressing drizzled on top.
Healthy Shrimp Taco Bowl
Cauliflower Rice (I used the frozen bag of Green Giant steamable cauliflower rice)
- Saute shrimp in EVOO until pink. Season with taco seasoning. Remove from pan and add corn in the leftover seasoning and oil from the pan.
- Place cauliflower rice in microwave for five minutes.
- Chop tomatoes (add to corn in pan) and green onion. Slice avocado.
- Spoon cauliflower rice in a bowl and top with tomato and corn mixture, sliced avocado, shrimp and sprinkle with green onions.
- (Optional) Drizzle with avocado cilantro lime dressing.