Summer is officially here! This post contains my easy solution to summer highlights and simple beach waves.
This post has been sponsored by the PRIMP Network. All opinions are my own.
Summer is officially here and that means beach and pool days are plentiful. We love spending time outside and everything that comes with it, splashing in the pool, summer tans and those natural highlights in our hair.
Recently, though, I’ve become more aware of the harmful UV rays and the damage they can cause. So we always lather sunblock on well and protect our skin from the sun. Without wanting to lose that golden color, I’ve started using sunless tanning foam and for the first time, SunIn to help achieve those summer highlights!
SunIn has been around forever, but honestly, this summer is the first I’ve ever tried it! I had balayage done in the fall last year and as it started to fade and grow out, I missed those highlights. Without wanting to drop another few hundred on hair treatment, I decided to give SunIn hair lightener a go. Something most people may not realize is that SunIn is HEAT activated…not UV activated. You can achieve the same summer highlights right at home using this spray and a hair dryer. SunIn is alcohol free and conditions your hair while working to bring out your hair’s natural highlights.
Instructions for Using SunIn:
1. Spray SunIn on damp hair.
2. For a sun-streaked look, only spray on pieces you wish to highlight. For all over lightening, spray throughout and comb through to evenly distribute.
3. Blow dry hair to activate SunIn or simply air-dry outdoors in the sun.
One of my favorite ways to style my hair during the summer is with easy summer beach waves. This can easily be achieved without heat, because who really wants to sweat in their bathroom with all the hot tools? For me though, I do use a curling wand to sprinkle in a few extra curls in the crown of my head.
Easy Summer Beach Waves
1. Follow the tutorial above for SunIn.
2. Leave hair slightly damp and braid in either a single loose braid or two pigtail braids.
3. Wear overnight to allow hair to fully dry.
4. In the morning, remove the braid(s) and gently loosen with fingers.
5. Optional – select a few pieces of hair around the crown of your head and curl with a curling wand, pulling lightly to release the tight curl.