This post is sponsored by Sparkling ICE but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
The first day of school is exciting. By the time you pick up your kids, there’s a thousand things you want to ask them. Be cool, mamas. You know the worst thing you can do when you want information? Ask them point blank. 🤦🏻♀️ Or maybe that’s just my kid. She senses I want information and suddenly she has nothing to say. Want the trick to getting your kids to open up about your day? Play the cool mom card…serve snacks, fun fizzy drinks and act nonchalant.
Your child just had a busy day at school. The last thing they really want to do is get asked a whole bunch of questions. If you want them to talk, you’re going to have to distract them. Serve your best snacks and some refreshing Sparkling Ice. They’ll instantly be in a good mood and start breaking down bits of their day.
Here’s a few Cool Mom Questions to ask:
- Who did you sit with at lunch today?
- What was the funniest thing that happened today?
- What was your favorite thing in your lunchbox?
- Did anything make you sad today?
- Who are you excited to see at school tomorrow? Why?
- Did you help anyone today?
- Was there something you wish you could have skipped today?
- What was the most boring thing you did?
Being more specific with your questions will go over better than the typical “How was your day” question which is too open-ended and will almost always produce a “fine” in response. Buttering them up with a sweet, fruity drink like Sparkling Ice doesn’t hurt either. 😉 Sparkling Ice comes in 16 different flavors which are packed with vitamins and antioxidants and contains zero sugar and calories.