School season has arrived in Florida and even though my kids aren’t old enough for all the back to school hype, this mama is loving all the deals available at our local Walmart! This may sound a little crazy, but I’m obsessed with discounts and office/craft supplies, so when back to school savings rolls around I’m in heaven! I also love that through all my shopping madness I can earn double box tops for education through items already on my grocery list at Walmart.
We have decided to take the homeschool approach to preschool for Isabella. You can view some helpful information about this on my previous post Homeschooling your Toddler. Crayons, paper, scissors, glue sticks are all still needed and thankfully Walmart has all of these items plus our normal groceries at Rollback prices convenient for one stop shopping. Working full time I usually save all my errands for the weekend, but I also don’t want to spend my whole weekend traveling from store to store.
Walmart is participating in the DOUBLE box tops for Education campaign. How does this work? It’s simple really. Whenever you see the Box Tops for Education symbol on your everyday household and grocery items, clip out the box top and send it in to your child’s school where they’ll take care of the rest! If you don’t have school age children like me, you can still clip and drop off to your local school! They’ll love you for it! Each box top is worth 10¢.
Select household items available at Walmart are worth DOUBLE box top points! Click this link to find all the qualifying double box top for education products. Once school season rolls back around you can expect germs and colds to follow. Be sure to stock up on these qualifying Scott, Kleenex, and Viva items and cough and cold products all in one convenient trip. We sure did! We also decided to have a little fun with our empty Viva paper towel rolls and Scott toilet paper rolls 😉
Olympic Torch Kids Craft
- paper towel roll or toilet paper roll
- tissue paper: red, yellow, orange
- orange ribbon
- yellow ribbon (optional)
- gold cupcake wrapper (optional)
- Put a little glue on the tip of your ribbon and starting from the bottom of your paper towel roll, wrap it up to the top, overlapping slightly.
- Finish with another drop of glue to secure the end of the ribbon to the other end of the paper towel roll.
- Cut drop shapes out of your tissue paper.
- Place a small amount of glue on the bottom of the tissue paper, roll in half in order to insert inside the paper towel roll. Continue gluing starting with red tissue paper, orange, then yellow to create your flame.
- Finish off the top of your handle with either a piece of yellow ribbon or gold cupcake liner.
Sharing is caring! I know several teachers and one thing they can all tell you is that their school budgets are TIGHT. This is a great way to help raise funds and awareness without any extra money out of your pocket! You can get school supplies and all you need to get your home in order at once, while earning Double Box Tops and cash for your school. Help your schools help your kids! Oh and moms- I know we’re all tight on time, you can also head over to Walmart.com and have items shipped right to your door or in-store pick-up!