The days leading up to Christmas are our favorites and filled with so many memories and Christmas traditions. Incorporate one of these 10 Christmas traditions for families this year.
Christmas is just the most magical time of year. There’s nothing better than seeing the holidays through my kids’ eyes. Watching them get excited over the little things and carrying on Christmas traditions from my childhood along with adopting new traditions. My favorites are cozy family nights, warm smells of something delicious baking in the oven, and seeing the lights on the Christmas tree sparkle for the first time of the season.
Christmas Traditions for Families
1. Visit a Christmas tree farm to pick out a tree.
2. Bake cookies together.
3. Do a 12 (or 24) Days of Christmas book advent calendar. Here’s a list of our favorite books.
4. Decorate the tree as a family.
5. Drink hot chocolate and watch movies.
6. Drive around looking at Christmas lights.
7. Open a Christmas Eve box. We include new Christmas pajamas, a movie, and popcorn in our box.
8. Have a Secret Santa with our parents and siblings.
9. Making gingerbread houses & cookies.
10. Donate new, unwrapped toys for kids. Last year we selected a child from the tree at Panera Bread and selected a toy for them.
What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Special thank you to Little Me and Fuzzy Babba for sending the kids their adorable holiday pajamas and Mickey Mouse slippers! They love them so much!