My kids love to paint! We recently tried rubber band snap painting and they had a blast. Another thing they really love? Rocks. Put my kids outside and they’ll naturally just find rocks and collect them. So I decided to put the two together just in time for Grandparents Day. Grandparents Day is Sunday, September 10 this year and for once, we’re prepared!! My parents play such a big part in my children’s lives and help us so much that it seems only fair to surprise them with a thoughtful homemade present made by the kids.
Rocks (collected outside or purchased from a craft store)
Acrylic or Washable Paint
Copper floral wire
Sharpie marker or thick pen
1. Paint your rocks. Make fun designs or just dab on different shades of paint with cotton balls and allow to dry completely.
2. Apply a coat of mod podge to seal the paint.
3. Wrap a piece of floral wire around your rock and twist the 2 strands together above the rock until one end is wrapped completely around the other.
4. Take the taller piece of wire and wrap it around your sharpie or pen. Pinch the “O” with your pliers to tighten for your photo.
5. Insert your photo! A smaller sized photo such as 3×5 or 3×3 works best.
To help you celebrate Grandparents Day this year, I’ve teamed up with a couple of my favorite small shops to help you put together a gift your parents will surely love! Mom Life Must Haves has so many adorable mom/grandma/nana tees, tumblers, hats etc. (Save 15% at all times using my special code for you – LITTLES) The second shop is River Babe Threads is another fav for the whole family! Besides mom/dad/grandparent tees they have an adorable line for your kids! The giveaway will run on my Instagram from 8/30-9/1. The prize will include $25 shop credit to Mom Life Must Haves, $25 shop credit to River Babe Threads and a $25 egift card to Shutterfly!