I don’t know about you, but the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is plan out an elaborate meal for my kids to throw back in my face. Easy weeknight meals are my specialty and I firmly believe you can never go wrong with breakfast for dinner. This sweet potato hash takes under thirty minutes to prepare and will blow your taste buds away. Best part? It’s a great last minute meal idea! Pop the chicken sausage out of the fridge, take out a bag of pre-diced microwavable sweet potatoes from the freezer and you’re halfway done! The fresh avocado and parsley are the freshest touches to make it seem like you were in the kitchen way longer than you actually were. Save your valuable time for those body-drenching toddler baths and arguing with the preschooler about homework. You know, the fun stuff! 😉
- Aidell's Chicken Apple Sausage
- Diced Sweet Potatoes
- Chopped Onion (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place your frozen bag of sweet potatoes in the microwave per bag instructions.
- Dice the sausage and place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet (or line with parchment paper).
- (Optional) Chop onions and add to the baking sheet.
- Remove sweet potatoes from microwave and add to the baking sheet.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Broil for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Create holes in the hash and add an egg in each.
- Broil for another 5-10 minutes until eggs are cooked over-easy.
- Serve hash with egg and top with diced avocado and chopped, fresh parsley.
- Tip: Make extra for breakfast prep!
Sweet Potato Hash is a budget-friendly, healthy weeknight dinner your family will love. The sweet and salty chicken apple sausage is a kid-favorite too! Save even more time by ordering groceries for delivery straight to your home with Shipt. Shipt is a mom’s most valuable tool and I literally couldn’t live without it some days! Sign up today and get $10 off your order!