Grab yourself a Preschool Pass and head on over to Busch Gardens in Tampa for loads of kid friendly attractions and fun!
Exploring Tampa Bay and finding activities to do with with my toddlers is a fun way to spend the weekends as a family. My kids are between 1-3 years old so honestly I didn’t think there would be much for them to do at Busch Gardens, but we could’ve spent all day there! Between animal watching and the kid-friendly area of the park my kids had a great time! There are just so many attractions for kids and adults of all ages!
Upon arrival we decided to check out the animals and beautiful landscaping the park has to offer. We gave my oldest a map and although she had no clue how to guide us, she had a great time trying!
Kid Friendly Attractions in Busch Gardens
We went through Morocco to the Bird Gardens to see the pretty flamingos before heading into Sesame Street Safari of Fun! While this is such a small portion of what the park has to offer it is more than enough for toddlers to enjoy during a day trip.
A is for Africa
A is for Africa show is a must-see for the toddlers!! We actually saw it twice! Be sure to get there a little early to get a good seat up front. The music and characters are so engaging! My kids sat there infatuated with their favorite Sesame Street friends. After the show you have the chance to go up on stage and take photos with some of the characters. Elmo usually goes off to a private room for professional photos so if you want to do this it’s best to skip the on-stage meet and greet and head right over to the 1-2-3 Smile with Me photo area. After being in the heat all day we hit up the show later in the afternoon to get out of the sun. If possible my kids were even more excited!
Treetop Trails Play Area
The play area is where we spent most of the day with the kids running around this playground. It took some coaxing to get the kids away from it in order to try out some rides!
There are plenty of climbing nets, bridges and crawl tubes for your little ones to explore.
Kid Friendly Rides
There are a few rides where toddlers can go by themselves and some where an adult needed to accompany them.
Some of our favorite rides for kids in Sesame Street Safari of Fun are:
- Soar with Grover
- Elmo’s Safari
- Rosita’s Djembe Fly Away
- Counts Zambezi Rally (see photo below!)
- Big Bird’s Whirly Birdie
- Zoe-Patra and the Hippos of the Nile (2nd photo down)
My mom was most excited about spotting Oscar the Grouch and having her photo taken! My little guy was way past his nap at this point and passed out in the carrier while I ran around with the 3 year old.
Before heading out we took a walk around the gardens and stopped to smell the flowers. The landscaping was just gorgeous!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
1. Be sure to bring and apply sunscreen frequently! Florida sun is strong and there isn’t too much shade.
2. Pack drinks and snacks for the kids. Full insulated lunch bags are not permitted inside the park. All-day dining passes are available to add on to your admission.
3. Bring a stroller or carrier especially if you plan on roaming the rest of the park area. The park is HUGE!
4. Go with the flow! My kids loved the playground area and while I wanted them to experience other things, they were just having so much fun and that’s all that mattered.
5. Schedule Lunch with Elmo and Friends in advance. This is such a special treat for the kids that they’re sure to love!
6. Download the Busch Gardens® Tampa Discovery Guide App before you go.
7. Wear comfortable clothing. Costumes are not permitted.