Meat + Cheese board, charcuterie, snack board…whatever you call it, we’re here for it.
When I’m exhausted after a long day at the office and the last thing I want to do is prepare a hot meal – Cheese Board + Fresh Fruits + Veggies = Best Mom Award…not kidding. My kids think its the best dinner ever.
When I’m going to girl’s night and need to take a dish – Cheese Board
Hosting a holiday gathering? Cheese Board.
I think you get the idea.
Our Favorite Meat + Cheese Board
If I’m taking a board to a holiday party or gathering, I’ll grab a disposable tray from the holiday section at Walmart or Target Dollar Spot. Otherwise I’ll use a large cutting board to assemble the cheese, meats and other ingredients.
- Cheese (duh) – we love Tillamook cheddar cheese, sharp cheddar, monterey jack
- Seasonal Fruits – choose whatever fresh fruits are currently in season. For this board, I added sliced apples, a (fancy) orange, and blackberries
- Meats – deli salami is a favorite, pepperoni, Sopressata, proscuitto
- Fresh, Raw Veggies – broccoli, cauliflower, olives (are they a vegetable?!)
- Nuts + Seeds – almonds, peanuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds
- Crackers – You need a method of transportation into your mouth
- Chocolate – You can never go wrong with chocolate. For holiday boards, add holiday wrapped chocolates
Add some flair…
For regular weeknight dinners, my cheese boards are as basic as they come. For holiday boards though, I’ll add in some flair. Faux flowers, gourds and even some faux greenery. (Greenery shown above is courtesy of the Target Dollar Spot)