Honestly, I’ll never know how our parents survived, heck, how we survived, when there wasn’t a video baby monitor. I’m not one to rush in as soon as my baby’s eyes open, but I do like the reassurance that they’re safe and I can peek in without them knowing or seeing me. Traveling with our babies used to make me uneasy because I was afraid I wouldn’t hear them if they cried, but thankfully I’ve found the most affordable, reliable, and PORTABLE baby video monitor that’s perfect for travel.
The Babysense Video Monitor was offered up to us to try and review. We’ve had it set up and in use for a little over a month now and I couldn’t be happier with its performance. We’ve always used wifi-enabled video monitors. Some may not trust the security on them but I always found solace in checking in on my kids while I was at work. Not having remote capability was literally the only downside to this video monitor.
- Easy setup – Setup couldn’t have been easier. Literally plug in the camera and position towards the crib.
- Clear video – The Babysense monitor has crystal clear day and night view. You view daytime in color and when it gets dark, the night-vision switches on.
- Sound – The sound works both ways on this camera. You can hear your baby and he/she can hear you when the speaker is enabled. Sometimes your baby may just need to hear the sound of your voice to calm down. For us, it’s useful to tell the toddler to get back in bed before they escape their room.
- Temperature – The monitor displays the temperature in the room where the camera is placed. If it gets too hot or too cold you can easily adjust your home’s thermostat without fearing or wondering if baby is comfortable.
- Warnings – The monitor will sound if the camera disconnects or if the monitor needs to be charged. The battery life is about 8-9 hours when I tested it. For overnights, plug the monitor in to an outlet and it will be fine.
- Portable! – This is what I LOVE the most about this monitor. We couldn’t easily travel with our wifi camera without having to directly connect to a modem or router to first connect it. Not ideal for hotel life. The easy setup and weight make this video monitor ideal for travel.
- Not wifi-enabled – Like I said this was really the only downside of this video monitor for me. But for some it may be a pro if you’re nervous about security and someone hacking into the monitor.
The Babysense Video monitor is now available on Amazon for 50% off! Hurry and grab the deal here. For added reassurance select the Babysense 5s Under-The-Mattress Baby Movement Monitor – 2 in 1, also 50% off now on Amazon.