My girl Shirri who blogs over at Stringfellow + Co tagged me in a 21 questions blogger edition. I mostly talk about my kids, so here’s a chance to get to know me a little bit!
1. Where were you born? NJ! Lived there for 21 years ?
2. How do you take your coffee? Either black or lately with coconut milk. Although I’ll take it any way you give it to me. Mama’s gotta have her coffee!
3. Where do you want to travel? Greece! Ever since history class in high school I’ve wanted to go there. The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants also confirmed my desires.
4. Favorite guilty pleasure? Cake, cookies, ice cream…if it’s chocolate it makes me happy. Not my hips though.
5. Are you afraid of anything? Bugs maybe? Although I’m not sure its something I’m afraid of but moreso would rather not see. Also, dying and leaving my kids motherless. I know it’s nothing I can control, but it still breaks my heart to think of them without me.
6. What did you want to be when you grew up? Honestly, I never really had any aspirations. Sad I know. I still didn’t know by the time high school ended. I enjoy numbers, so here I am as a Staff Accountant and its not terrible, but also not something I aspired to do when I was 4.
7. Where did you meet your husband? I don’t have any vivid memories of the particular time I first met him, but we went to high school together and had many common friends.
8. What’s your favorite scent? Clean. Clean laundry, fresh sheets, my freshly bathed babies…
9. What is your favorite verse? Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
10. How do you like to spend time with family? I’ll take family time any way I can get it! Cuddling on the couch, playing outside, picnics on the beach, exploring new areas. As long as I have my people with me I’m happy!
11. What is one thing you couldn’t live without in your house? A dishwasher. I do not hand wash. Anything. If the label says Hand Wash Only, I’ll put it back.
12. What is your favorite restaurant? Oh gosh. We rarely go out to eat, but if I had to pick I would say Roberto’s Café in Philly. Very small little BYO Italian restaurant that my husband and I would go to when we were “dating”.
13. Favorite season? Summer 100%. Give me the beach all day, every day and I’m a happy girl.
14. How many states have you lived in? 3…NJ, PA, and FL
15. What is your favorite song? I don’t really have one. I just love anything upbeat and pop related. Although I am quite fond of the song they song on Bubble Guppies when they go outside. “Outside, outside, outside everybody outside. Line up, everybody, line up, line up, line up, line gup, gup, gup, gup, guppies!……” I will literally stop what I’m doing to sing it. My how motherhood has changed me!
16. What is one thing you think people notice about you first? Hmmm…probably my RBF. It’s strong guys. I can’t help it. I’m not angry. It’s just my face. Even when I think I’m smiling, it’s not showing on my face.
17. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone? I love my kids and being their mother, but my advice would be to not rush it. Do whatever you want to do before having kids. And when you do think you’re ready, try to adjust your life prior to make sure you are really ready. You can’t go out to eat when you want. You can’t go shopping whenever you want. It’s an adjustment. For some, bigger than others.
18. Do you think you’re funny? I’m a hoot. At least I think so. Sometimes my kids even laugh at me..my husband mostly thinks I’m weird.
19. Have you always wanted to work with kids? Nope. Never. Ever. I didn’t even like kids. I honestly thought I wouldn’t have any. But then somewhere around my very late 20s I changed my mind. And now I even like other people’s kids. Mostly.
20. What made you start a blog? I wanted to document my current outlook, milestones, etc…I have a terrible memory, so this was a good way to be able to tell my kids down the road when they first achieved something or said something funny. Maybe to even embarrass them at some point.
21. What is your favorite thing to watch on TV? I don’t really watch TV. If I do have the chance to sit down it would be HGTV or Suits.
So that’s me…thanks for reading and getting to know me! Head over to my Instagram to see who I tagged to play along!